Job Title: Accountant
Eric Zhang & Associates LLP dba EZACPAS (“Zhang & Associates”) is a full-service accounting firm serving clients throughout the City of Industry area and dedicated to providing our clients with professional, personalized services and guidance in a wide range of financial and business issues. Our expertise ranges from tax management and accounting to in-depth services such as audits, financial statement preparation, and financial planning. Our dedication to high standards, hiring of seasoned tax professionals, and strong work ethic are the reasons our clients return year after year.
To ensure that we maintain our focus on providing excellent client service, our company is in immediate need of the professional services of an Accountant to bolster our various accounting and tax services. The Accountant will provide comprehensive accounting and financial services to individual and corporate clients daily. The Accountant will prepare and audit clients’ financial statements, prepare clients’ tax returns, and consult on accounting, business and financial management, tax strategies, and more. The Accountant will also analyze and prepare clients’ tax returns and documents, and propose tax strategies that reduce their tax burden.
The hired individual will be responsible for the following duties:
- Analyze financial information and prepare financial reports including assisting clients on determining or maintaining records of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP);
- Prepare yearly and quarterly tax returns for individuals, corporations, and other entities and accurately calculate sales tax, payroll tax, deductions, credits, allowances, profit and loss, depreciation and other information as necessary;
- Perform due diligence to obtain reasonable assurance about whether financial statements are free of material misstatements;
- Perform audit, review, and compilation involving examination and confirmation of account balances, inventories, and selected transactions to ensure the integrity, validity, and reliability of financial information;
- Process client payroll, timely make payroll tax liability deposits and file quarterly and annual payroll tax returns;
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations, project future revenue, expenses, and provide advice to clients;
- Audit and attest clients’ accounts;
- Advise clients on financial matters such as real property investment, equipment depreciation, ITIN application, retirement plan (IRA/401K/SEP), life insurance and medical insurance, college savings planning, and general tax liability;
- Advise corporate clients on business incorporation including filing articles of incorporation and processing EIN and EDD applications, and business operation during W-2 and 1099 preparation, business plan preparation, entity selection and fundraising plan;
- Provide training to clients’ bookkeeping staff on issues related to accounts receivable, accounts payable, employee benefits and other tax consequences;
- Provide tax planning throughout the year by advising clients on the tax advantages and disadvantages of business or individual decisions;
- Implement measures to test the accuracy of bookkeeping records, monitor the financial progress of clients’ business and deter fraud;
- Keep abreast of current tax developments by researching tax codes, regulations, and other sources;
- Perform ad hoc research projects assigned by the management;
- Master’s degree in accounting or a related field.
- 6 months of work experience in accounting
- Working knowledge of Quickbooks, CCH Axcess, and Caseware.